Nathan's chorus, Voices In Harmony, was invited to perform in the Russian/St. Petersburg's huge acapella Choral Festival in August. It was a Fantastic Time!!! And my first time ever overseas! The highlight were our several performances of "Polyushko Pole", a traditional Russian song. The song is a solemn but very proud battle hymn about Russian soldier heroes riding across the fields and off into battle, leaving their sad families behind in the villages. I stand front row, to the audience's right of center, most of the time.
You might notice we made a brief stop in Paris! We also toured many sites in the St. Petersburg area, including DOZENS of fantastic Royal Palaces (Catherine the Great's Hermitage/Winter Palace, and Peter the Great's Summer Palacial estate, Petergof being my two favorites -- with fantastic fountains and gold sculptures), and gorgeous churches and Cathedrals (Church on Spilled Blood/Resurrection Church -- entirely marble and tiled with mosaic religious scenes, and St. Isaac's Cathedral were my favorites). We had performances in these Royal halls and Palaces, mainly Peter the Great/Catherine the Great's Capella Hall, St. Petersburg Russia. 8/18-24/09.
The audiences truly treated us like Rock Stars!! Read my friend Ed A.'s description for the SECOND video -- I wrote part of it. I also have included a few reduced versions of my very favorite pix from the trip. About 400 are uploaded on my Facebook site. I took 2800 pictures!!! (and 1800 in Hawaii a month earlier!) As Mom passed away just two weeks before our trip, I felt her presence strongly with me throughout the whole trip. I was glad she was able to join me. :-)
- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NBZc03-i3nM – Capella Hall – “Polyushko Pole”
- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8GTZIOQKVDU – Rose Pavilion/Pavlosk (Czar Paul I’s Ballroom) – Polyushko Pole
- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gq5j7jMlHDA – Theater of Musical Comedy – “California Dreamin’ “ (8 part, with Pride of the Pacific)
- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HDAEkRM0YUg – Capella Hall – “Little Boy Lost”
- https://mail.smccd.edu/owa/redir.aspx?C=9674f9039a6c4396b606dccbd2b579fc&URL=http%3a%2f%2fwww.youtube.com%2fwatch%3fv%3dmR9SMbQOqYc – Theater of Musical Comedy – “Tribute to World Peace”
A 5-hour stop in Paris on the way to Russia!!
Performing at renowned Capella Hall!!
Entering Petergof Palace Grounds
Our Festival Poster!! With our own Dr. Lyne at top.
I just LOVED this view!! And it was our view during our performance too! The Samson statue/central fountain is AWESOME!!
After performing at Paul I's Rose Pavilion.
Pavlosk, Paul I's palace.